Friday 15 May 2020

09 - NEXUS





MAKING CONNECTIONS



This is a post about One-stop Data Sourcing (Structured Data Streaming - SDS). If I wish to find out about a product, fishing or otherwise, I usually have to 'surf the Net' wading through mountains of videos, blogs, forum debates until I have enough information to make a determination. 

Does that not strike you as a bit long winded? Would it not make more sense for me to be able to open an App on my smart device, whether on -line or in-store, and scan the bar code of the product that interests me so that I may see the comments, reviews, how-to videos loaded by other users?

Such technology can be applied to many kinds of products and its use is all around us right now. Not convinced? 

Well, we all use fishing line and the majority of us tie knots on our chosen line. If we are fortunate, our favourite knot will work fine on the selected line material. If we are new to angling or have decided to experiment with a different line material, we might find our favourite knots are no longer adequate. How convenient it would be to scan the bar code of the line we are considering purchasing and see all the best knots and configurations, comments, YouTube videos etc. there in the one location.

A few years ago, I created the following presentation to illustrate the above points (I'm afraid the animation is switched off). I wrote it from the perspective of a publication holding the middle ground. 

You will also see the 'Younger Me' trying his hand at braid knots ...

With Animation









Without Animation









Last year (2019), I revisited this idea and explored some more possibilities whilst condensing it at the same time (see link below). On the surface, the idea is fairly easy to present. The difficulty is knowing where to stop as the options are huge:


Structured Data Streaming (SDS)


Enjoy!


PB



No comments:

Post a Comment